Monday 31 August 2015

'Can't be bothered'

So, I have a friend, and when she is too lazy to do something, she says either "effort" of "can't be asked". Firstly, the phrase is supposed to be 'Can't be arsed'. And even though I have told her on numerous occasions that she is saying it wrong, she doesn't explain why if I ask her. She just says something along the lines of 'I just do'. Which is really freakin' annoying. I mean, since when is that a decent answer?! It should be something like, 'That's how I grew up saying it, and I'm now in the habit of saying that' or 'It pisses you off.'
Secondly, she does this with most things. I once asked her if she watched anime, and she said no. I asked her why, and she said that she didn't like reading subtitles. Well, that's perfectly reasonable. I just asked her why, because I never understood why, and she said either "effort" or "cba". Come on... This is one of the reasons she gets on my nerves.
She is a self-admitted lazy person, but when you can't be bothered to read subtitles, it's gone too far. If you can't concentrate on both the subtitles and what's happening on screen, then that makes perfect sense. If you prefer to just get lost in the action, then that also makes sense. But can't be bothered. I mean, jeez. That's ridiculous. Come on world...

1 comment: